BATTLEFIELD KALI KNIFE STUDENT RANKING
We are often asked about using a ranking system based on shirt color. While it is a good idea, stocking shirts in ten different colors and in all sizes is much too difficult. For those who want to add the shirt ranking in addition to the knife designations, we suggest that you use our simple system to designate approximate ranking. This is not absolutely necessary, but is helpful when looking out at a class so that you can quickly determine which levels are present.
Our suggested method is that newer students will wear white t-shirts until they pass the Battlefield Kali Knife Antas 4 (Level 4) test. Once passing this test, they are allowed to wear a black shirt. Instructors should be distinguished by wearing the red Instructor shirt.
USE OF LOGOS
If you teach any of our Battlefield Kali modules, we require that you post the Battlefield Kali logo along with a link to our website and a biography of Head Instructor Burton Richardson on your website, as well as in any form of advertisement. (Please make sure to send us proof of ad prior to making it public). Please do not copy any portion of this site in print or online without permission.
If you are a Battlefield Kali training group leader or instructor, contact us if you want to make arrangements to use the Battlefield Kali logo on your own school shirts. We have a method in place that makes this fair and easy for everyone involved. (Please do not use the logo without permission.)
WHICH RANK TO USE?
Since we have three major programs (Single Stick, Knife, and Sword), it is sure that a person will attain different ranks in each program. If you need to denote your rank, and don’t know which to choose, simply use the highest rank that you have earned in any of the programs.
Rank will be denoted on your training knife.
Beginning Student: Tape the bottom end of the knife handle with white electrical tape to create a white sleeve. The sleeve should be about X inches long (X centimeters).
After passing each test, the student will have earned the privilege of putting a colored ring (of electrical tape) around the top of the sleeve. (photos will be posted soon)
Ranking for Battlefield Kali Knife Antas Isa-Apat
(Levels 1-4). Long and Middle Ranges
- After passing Knife Antas Isa (Level 1) test, put yellow ring
- After passing Knife Antas Dalawa (Level 2) test, put orange ring
- After passing Knife Antas Tatlo (Level 3) test, put green ring
- After passing Knife Antas Apat (Level 4) test, change the white sleeve to black, and add a white ring. (Adding the white ring signifies a new beginning in your training.)
Ranking for Battlefield Kali Knife Antas Lima- Walo
(Levels 5-8). Clinch, Ground, and Scenario Sparring.
- After passing Knife Antas Lima (Level 5) test, change to a blue ring
- After passing Knife Antas Anim (Level 6) test, change to a purple ring
- After passing Knife Antas Pito (Level 7) test, change to a brown ring
- After passing Knife Antas Walo (Level 8) test, change to a red ring
BATTLEFIELD KALI KNIFE INSTRUCTOR RANKING
Here is the Battlefield Kali Knife Instructor Ranking progression.
- After doing the required rounds of sparring and passing the tests for Battlefield Kali Knife Antas 1-4, you are eligible to take the Battlefield Kali Knife GURO ISA (1st Degree Instructor) exam. Upon passing, put a red sleeve on your knife along with one black ring at the top.
- After passing Battlefield Kali Knife Antas 5 & 6, you are eligible to take the Battlefield Kali Knife GURO DALAWA (2nd Degree Instructor) exam. Upon passing, put a second black ring on the red sleeve.
- After passing Battlefield Kali Knife Antas 7, you are eligible to take the Battlefield Kali Knife GURO TATLO (3rd Degree Instructor) exam. Upon passing, put a third black ring on the red sleeve.
- After passing Battlefield Kali Knife Antas 8, you are eligible to take the Battlefield Kali Knife GURO APAT (4th Degree Instructor) exam. Upon passing, put a fourth black ring on the red sleeve.
Click on Page 2 (below) to read about the Battlefield Kali Knife ranking progression after you are a certified Battlefield Kali Knife Guro Apat.