BATTLEFIELD KALI 2nd DEGREE INSTRUCTOR TEST
After passing your Level 6 test, you must log another 60 rounds of clinch sparring, and 60 rounds of long and middle range sparring including the clinch. If you train twice per week, and do five rounds of sparring per session, it will take you 12 weeks (about 3 months) to be qualified to take the Level 2 Instructor test. Please be sure to take care of your partner in training and during the test.
Once you have completed all of your rounds, put the following test on video and send it in with the testing fee. If sending through YouTube, you can pay for the fee online.
The entire video should be 20 minutes. Your test will be evaluated and any suggestions for further improvement will be sent to you along with your certificate of rank.
Since you have already proven yourself with the other tests, this instructor test will delve deeper into each section. The test is as follows:
- Explain and demonstrate in two minutes or less the bodylock with the overhook position.
- Explain and demonstrate in two minutes or less the standing fang choke.
- Explain and demonstrate in two minutes or less the functional snake disarm.
- Explain and demonstrate in two minutes or less the four fundamental empty hand entries to the clinch.
Perform a two-minute round of a Power Generation Drill of your choosing. Pick a drill, or a combination of drills, from Levels 5 and 6, and perform for two minutes. The emphasis should be on power and accuracy.
All rounds are to be done consecutively with no rest. Have someone time for you.
- One minute of hand sparring.
- Two minutes of clinch sparring
- Two minutes of long and middle range sparring including the clinch. Attempt to enter to the clinch during the round, and when in the clinch, try to break out to long range.
Click on Page 4 (below) for 3rd degree Instructor test guidelines
Click on Page 5 (below) for 4th degree Instructor test guidelines